Sunday, May 19, 2013

In Perfect Synch II

Went back to the same bar yesterday, for the Preakness. Hoping to meet the woman I'd had such a lovely time with during the Kentucky Derby. But because her husband had been somewhat suspicious and bothered by the fun time his wife and I had, I decided to bring along an ex. I suppose I wanted him to know that I am, in fact, gay. 

Out and openly gay.

The good thing abut my ex is he's black. And anyone in NYC -- LGBT and otherwise -- pretty much knows that when a black man and a non-black man -- both over 35 -- are together, chances are 99% we're gay. So, about an hour before the race, the woman and her husband -- along with two male friends of his, come in. I greet them, and introduce them to Robert. The woman is delighted to meet Robert, but the husband basically turns away and chats with his two buddies.

It was awkward, there was obvious tension between the couple. I apologized to her and offered to leave. But she wouldn't hear of it. She, Robert and I had a great time, and so engrossed in our stories were we, that we didn't even realize the race had  started.

She gave me her e-mail, and suggested we get together some evening for dinner. She assured me her husband wouldn't mind, now that he was assured I was really, truly, honestly homosexual.

I sense another straight women/gay man friendship budding. 

I'm telling you, the GBF juggernaut will not be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment